Wednesday, July 8, 2009


I'm not sure if Ellie had a virus or not, but late in the evening on Monday, after I picked her up from Dee'Anna's, The Princess developed a fever. I contributed it to teething because with all the drool running down this girl's clothes, she HAS to be cutting some molars or something.

However, she had a fitful night, waking several times, and got up at 5 a.m. I found her and Kevin asleep on the couch when I got up. When I picked her up, she was burning up. No other symptoms. Kevin worked from home on Tuesday and I worked in the field, but when I returned home, she was still really hot. I decided it best to see if the doctor's office was open late on Tuesdays as I know they are a few nights per week. Luck was with us and they could see her at 6:40. I was primarily concerned it might be her ears again.

Poor girl HATES doctor's offices. You think the "hissy" photos are bad? Multiply that times about 100 and you'll get her reactions in the doctor's office. The doctor ran multiple tests, including bloodwork, a strep test and catheterization to check for UTI. All negative, but still running a fever of 103.3* even after Tylenol. When we left, they boosted her up with some Motrin which seemed to help some.

She was up and down through the night last night, sleeping in her bed, with me and in the chair with Kevin. Today, she has continued to be clingy and, of all things, hoarse. I called the doc's office today to check up on the strep and UTI tests that they were sending off -- both negative.

So, I have to go with viral. She is still hoarse, but hasn't run a fever all day. We gave her Motrin early this morning and then later this afternoon, just in case her throat is hurting. She was beginning to smile and not need to be constantly held this afternoon, so we are thankful for that. Knowing her (and all kids, really), she'll pop out of the bed in the morning like nothing ever happened.


Shannon said...

Deja-vu. We just had that same thing on Monday. E came home from school perfectly fine and within an hour he had a fever or 103.4. It came down with Tylenol and Motrin within a few hours. Tuesday brought diarrhea, and Wednesday morning he was back to normal. Hopefully Ellie is on the mend soon.

Jackie said...

Hope the little qt is feeling better today!!!