Friday, February 22, 2008

In Memory of Samantha

My dear friend Heather, who is adopting from Vietnam, got word today that her sweet baby, Samantha, passed away yesterday. She was born November 5, 2007. Her photo taken for referral was made on Christmas Day, 2007. She was laying on the sweetest heart-shaped pink pillow that made her look like she had wings. She does now.

God loved Samantha more than anyone here on earth ever could, and while I KNOW that the Fields are heartbroken today, I know that Samantha is dancing with the angels and worshipping God and knows no pain, no heartbreak, no sinful world and no loneliness. She joins another of her friends from the orphanage who died just two days before. There are still multiple babies from this orphanage in the hospital. Please pray that other adoptive families will be spared the pain of losing their child.

My heart and love and prayers go to my friends, Heather, Charley, Kristen, Kalee, Bradley and Cody.

Here are some verses I found, hopefully, to comfort and remind who is in charge, who loves us and who comforts us in times such as these. Hopefully, these will be helpful to Heather, Charley and their children:

2 Samuel 22:7
In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears.

Psalm 10:17
You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted;
you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,


Psalm 18:6
In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.
(similar to the verse in 2 Samuel, also written by King David)

Psalm 22:24
For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

Psalm 34:15
The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their cry;

Psalm 119:147
I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I have put my hope in your word.

Psalm 119:169
May my cry come before you, O LORD;
give me understanding according to your word.

Psalm 142:5
I cry to you, O LORD; I say,
"You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living."

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain,
for the old order of things has passed away."

Jeremiah 31:13
Then maidens will dance and be glad,
young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into gladness;
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Romans 12:15
Rejoice with those who rejoice;
mourn with those who mourn.

Psalm 119:2
Blessed are they who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart.

Luke 6:21
Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his works are perfect, '
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

Isaiah 55:8-11 - The Message
"I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work."
"For as the sky soars high above earth
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don't go back until they've watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They'll do the work I sent them to do,
they'll complete the assignment I gave them.

No comments: