Sunday, February 24, 2008

Portrait of a Sick Boy

I was sitting on the couch working tonight and looked over at Joshua. Bless his heart. He was the portrait of pitiful. I don't think he ever knew I took his picture. Note the following:

1. Wet rag to cool forehead.
2. Blankets to cuddle up in.
3. Lots of pillows.
4. Stuffed kitty
and, most important,
5. REMOTE CONTROL (it's a man thing that starts early!)

Oh, and the brown stuff around his mouth -- remains of the chocolate chip cookies I felt like a sick boy should have. We are still battling a fever off and on. One minute he's hot, the next he's got chills. He's got a hacky cough. I'm suspecting that there is more than strep going on here -- maybe an underlying viral infection too. Needless to say, there is not going to be a school day in his future tomorrow.

No comments: