Sunday, February 17, 2008

Nursery Update

I'm in "batch blogging" mode tonight. I have borrowed this phrase from Jeff over at Land Life. I've gotten behind due to working on the nursery this weekend.


We went by Lowe's after Joshua's basketball game on Saturday. As an aside, Joshua's team won 23-9. Josh scored the first three points of the game and was so pumped up. They have really come a long way as a team this year. Their coach is such a kid at heart! He gets really, REALLY excited during their games.
Anyway, our bedding won't be in until mid-week next week so we went out on a BIG limb and picked a paint color that we think will match. Keep your fingers crossed because we aren't painting again. (Well, don't tell Kevin, but if it's really, really ugly, we will). Kevin picked the paint color. It's called Cream Rose. It's a beautiful shade of pink. I've tried to think all weekend of something to compare it to, but I can't. It's just a hint of pink and it's very creamy looking. I LOVE the color. Kevin says he's just surprised to be painting anything pink.

This is the bedding we've ordered. It's called Ella Grace.


Kevin is EXCELLENT at painting around the ceiling -- and he doesn't even have to use tape!




























This is the color we choose - Cream Rose. I would have probably called it Hint of Pink.

We borrowed this idea from our church and our Sunday school teachers and wrote Bible verses on the walls -- verses that have applied to our adoption or that are special to us. While others might not know they are there, Ellie will be surrounded by God's word under her pink walls.


Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4














Do not be afraid for I AM with you. I will bring your children from the East and gather you from the west.


Isaiah 43:5


Joshua writes his favorite verse: John 3:16

Josh helped paint some, but from the looks of the photos, he had been smelling the fumes WAY too long.

We finished up late Saturday night. We still need to paint the window and doors but will do that later. We are more concerned with photos for the dossier at this point since she likely won't come home until June or July.


Today, Kevin, Josh and I (mostly Kevin) put together the changing table and crib. We didn't get the mattress down from the attic. We are going to wait until the bedding comes. Being a little anxious to see that it would look like, I put in a quilt that we were going to use but decided to just use as a fun blanket for Ellie.




And, last, but certainly not least, I got Ellie a cute outfit at Old Navy this weekend. I'm a HUGE clearance freak and am pleased to report, all items were clearanced. Got the little peach jeans for $3.94.

5 comments:

littlebluecottage said...

It's so much fun - all the nesting. I like the pink....not too pepto, you know?? Very sweet.

Allison said...

LOVE the nursery! Now all you need is a beautiful little girl to go in it.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful color! It reminds me of what Caleb's room used to look like! Isn't shopping for girls' clothes fun???? I may have to tag along to get a fix as all I look for now is blue and shades of blue! I love it, though!

Unknown said...

Oh Maria...I'm getting so excited for you!! I can't wait to see Ellie in your arms, in her room and on this blog!! Thanks for sharing all that is going on in your lives.

Dee'Anna said...

Love the color! The baby is going to have more clothes than she know what to do with it. But that is ok she is a girl and they need alot of clothes.