Monday, July 14, 2008

Answered Prayer

Last night I spent some time asking God to please allow the families who needed papers signed by the judge to get those done and be allowed to travel to pick up their babies. I am SO HAPPY to report that God said, "Yes." I think many times, we spend time asking God for something, getting it and just blowing off the important part -- the thank you. As parents, we expect our children to say, "please" and "thank you" but as children of God, we sometimes miss that part. I think He has to feel just as happy to hear an unsolicited thank you as we do. So, "Thank you" for answering this prayer request. Thank you for allowing these families to be reunited and those babies to come home.

Psalm 107:31
Let them give thanks to the LORD for His faithful love
and His wonderful works for the human race.
Psalm 13:5
I've thrown myself headlong into your arms—
I'm celebrating your rescue.
I'm singing at the top of my lungs, I'm so full of answered prayers.

3 comments:

Suzanne Bilyeu said...

Beautifully stated! As always, your faith provides such inspiration.

Suzanne

Mom to 2 Angels said...

So happy for those families! Thank You, God!

Jackie said...

I'm so happy for those families, too. You will soon be on your way as well :)