Friday, July 11, 2008

Sad

I am sad today. I just received an email from our agency indicating the judge who will hear our case is on vacation until July 28. After he returns, IF he hears our case the week he returns, the earliest we will be able to return to pick up Ellie is September 8 (by my calculations -- not by anything anyone has told me). She will be almost 6 months old before we can bring her home. After having seen her at two months old, this is really, really hard to deal with. Granted, we can do nothing to change it and have to accept it (I feel like repeating the Serenity Prayer right now). Please keep us, Ellie, and all the families caught up in this judge drama in your prayers. I keep reminding myself she won't remember any of this and we are very lucky to be getting her as young as 5.5 - 6 months. I'm trying hard to look for the positives, but it's hard.

Even more sad are the families whose babies/children are in Bishkek. Many visited back as long ago as January and still have not had court to pick up their babies. At least we have somewhat of an end in sight. I SO hope they get the court issue in Bishkek resolved very soon for these babies and families.

I am also sad for the four families who were supposed to leave today to go pick up their babies. Now, their return will not be until after the judge returns to work.

It's hard all around, I suppose. I just want to go pick up our baby.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

I keep waiting to get to the 'easy part' of this whole process. I'm not there yet. If you get there, do let me know because I'm not too far behind you in this journey!

Sending many prayers your way...

Kelli said...

You and your family of 4 is in my prayers daily. I hope the next few weeks fly by...

Jeanne said...

I am sad for your delay, too. I know each day will go so slowly while you are waiting for Ellie to come home where she belongs. The only consolation I can give is that my first son came home at 6 months, and I really feel now like I've had him with me his whole life.

Angela said...

Hang in there! I have found adoption to be a roller coaster of emotions. I am caught up in the Bishkek delays but keep imaging the joy I will feel when I walk out the orphange gates with my wee one.

Christina said...

I am so sorry for this delay and hope that the time flies by until you get to go back to get your precious baby. I will be keeping you in my prayers until you go back. I will also check on her while we are there and Betsy or I will get you updates and pictures.