Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Are You There God? It's Me, Maria.

One of my favorite books growing up was Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret". Today, the title just popped into my head and I have decided that when I become (in)famous, I will write my memoirs and title it, "Are You There God? It's Me, Maria". I have to find some humor in the FUNK that I'm calling today.

After receiving the news that our court date did not happen with the other four families, we received word that now passports are taking 2 months instead 6 weeks, thereby delaying the process another two weeks. I'm tired of saying, "Well, what's another week?" It's seven more days of good nutrition, seven more days of kisses and hugs and rocking. And after one more week and one more week and one more week -- we are four months from the first visit and she's six months old, when we believed she'd be home before she was five months old.

I've given myself today to be sad, angry, frustrated, and so on. Tomorrow, I will, as my friend Mayme says, pick myself up, dust myself off, climb out of the pit and move forward. The good news? I'll be here when Mayme brings her daughter Emma home from China and will get to go to the airport!!

I was told by the agency that they will check on expediting passports, but after a general update, I think that's not likely going to happen -- the expediting, not the checking. I have also asked if there is any possibility we can travel with the other families. They are checking on that and will let me know by week's end. I am asking those of you who pray, please do that -- hard. I need to travel with the other families, not only just because I want to get Ellie, but because of the costs associated with not traveling/sharing with them. We have all agreed that Josh needs one of us at home and that having someone here and on the "right" schedule when we return with Ellie is what we need. The vacation time for Kevin would be an issue. If he takes it to travel, then he's back at work when we get back. I'd rather have his help when we get home. The price difference to have me not travel with the other group - $3500.

The other good news for today, we have secured a pediatrician who specializes in seeing children who are international adoptees. We have talked on the phone and I like him a lot. I think he will do a great job of caring for Ellie.

Pray -- hard. Good advice from my mom.

Are you there God? It's me, Maria ... This reminds me of a song by Mercy Me called I Gotta' Keep Singing where he talks about climbing up into Jesus' lap. That's where I need to be rigjht now.

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

I loved that book growing up, too. I am frustrated for you today. I will be praying hard.

E said...

We are praying too!! Please, God, unite this sweet baby with her family as soon as possible.

Erin