Friday, July 11, 2008

Congratulations are in order for Charlie and Heather!!

In the midst of all my "funkiness" I got an email from my dear friend Heather saying that they received I600 approval and would be leaving in about a week to go pick up their dear daughter, Samantha, from Vietnam.

You might remember my posting back in February about the intense prayers we were all offering for their first referral, sweet angel Linh, who passed away on February 22, 2008. Heather and I have shared some very intimate feelings about adoption and she has always been a person I can be very open with, laugh with, cry with and know that she is going to shoot straight with me and I will her. I remember a conversation I had with her when I was in the Dollar Tree when we were laughing about hoping when we got our referral photos we didn't go, "Oh!" and think our babies were ugly. Isn't that awful?? But, that's just how real and honest we can be with each other. Neither of us thought less of the other for our honesty. I have not met anyone more real than she is. She is also an adoptee, like me, and we share the same faith. She is going to be a wonderful mom to Samantha. She has been an inspiration to me!!

I remember walking through a Goodwill store on that same day and talking with Heather about our adoptions. We have BOTH been through the ringer trying to bring our daughters home and I remember saying, "God has PROMISED that He is giving me a daughter. I know this time is the time." She asked me, "But what is He saying about me?" I paused and told her that I didn't know, but that I felt like it was really going to work for both of us this time. And, it is. I'm certain of it. She is my proof that this time we are both going to bring home our daughters.

I cannot WAIT to follow their story. Their blog is partially private/password protected, but for those who are interested, it can be found here.

Congratulations, my friend. I am so happy for you. Let the shopping begin, well, continue!!

No comments: