Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thankful: November 13

I am thankful for the men and women who serve in our military and who have in the past.

I know I missed Veteran's Day with this post, but I can be thankful any day for these men and women who sacrifice so much in their lives protecting our country and our freedom. My dad was in the Army. My birthfather was in the Army and served several tours in Vietnam. Both my brothers-in-law are in the military: one in the Army (retired) and one in the Air Force (currently serving a year overseas). My sister-in-law is in the Air Force (her husband is the one currently overseas). My nephew is currently in the Navy. The military is not something foreign to me. I've seen the effects that serving in the military can have on lives.

We should all be very, very, very thankful to each of these people who are willing to risk their lives so that we can be in a country that is free. We should all pray that it remains that way.

No comments: