Monday, August 25, 2008

2 Timothy 1:3-4

Resolving to relive parts of our adoption process through the last year to see the "ah-ha" moments in it, I started reading back through my blog from January 2008. I only got through January (gosh, I write a lot of stuff -- why are you people reading all this stuff??) and found four Bible verses that MOVED me -- again. They were messages directly from God, that reveal His purpose and plan in our adoption and apply even now. I want to share them again.


Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry.

Ecclesiastes 3:12
So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy
and enjoy ourselves as long as we can.

Psalm 113:9
He gives the childless woman a family,
making her a happy mother. Praise the Lord!
But this verse struck me to the core...

2 Timothy 1:3-4
Night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.
I long to see you again, for I remember your tears as we parted.
And I will be filled with joy when we are together again
.
God breathed inspiration into Timothy to pen these words and yet, here I am thousands of years later and am stilled by their accuracy to convey what my heart and soul feel.
I can't wait to continue to read through the months and be reminded of His plan, His glory and His actions through the past year and reminded that this wait is for His reasons and His purpose as well.

No comments: