Thursday, August 21, 2008

50



Fifty days. Tomorrow we'll be in the "forties". Small movements toward her.

Thanks to Holly, I got new photos of The Princess today. It is always a joyful day to open your computer and find photos of your little one's face. It is also, often, bittersweet. She was lying there in her crib, staring up at Holly -- no smiles, just there. Her clothes are older, too big and didn't match. I fully understand why this is, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. The irony of her closet being so full of clothes waiting for her is not lost on me. Oh that I could bring home an extra one while I was there. *smile* But for lack of a completed passport, she will continue to lie there for almost two more months before I can get her out of the crib and hold her and tell her how much I love her and have missed her and how her family will never, ever leave her alone again. As Holly so aptly wrote in her blog, she is no longer an orphan. She is our daughter -- forever.

Jennifer's passport came today. Now, we can apply for our Kazakhstan visas. Another hurdle jumped.

No comments: