Monday, August 4, 2008

Shower!!

Yesterday some dear friends at church had a shower for Ellie. I say it was for Ellie even though the church bulletin said it was for Kevin and I. The gifts were for Ellie and it is because of her that we got to visit, eat cake and enjoy presents, so it was definitely for Ellie. I wish she could have been there, but we made sure to "take" her with us in the form of buttons on me and my mom. So, her sweet little face was present even if she couldn't be. As a side note, I was reading on David and Jayne's blog that the daily temperatures are around 100* every day there. I think about my sweet little one over there in that heat and it just breaks my heart. God keep her cool.

Here are some of the photos from the shower, courtesy of my mom.

Baby bootie cake, courtesy of Cecilia. Wasn't it pretty??? It tasted awesome too!!


Hostesses with the "mostest"!! Thank you all!!

My mom and I -- sporting our Ellie buttons!!

I am so thankful to have such kind friends who are thinking of us and wanting to "shower" us with love during our wait.

Oh... and "my girls" and I were talking about "How many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop". Brittany (who has the MOST energy and pep of anyone I know) knew where there were some Tootsie pops and they all rushed off to get some and test it. The only one of the group to lick long enough to get to the center was Makayla and she called me after I left to tell me to official number is 253!!

Here are "my girls" (minus Sara -- where were you!!) that I taught in AWANA? Are they not all just beautiful??? They are beautiful inside as well as out and are good, Christian girls!! Ellie is going to have some great role models!! (and babysitters!)

5 comments:

Christina said...

That was so sweet of them to give a baby shower. I am sure you had fun and are enjoying going through the gifts that Ellie received. Still praying that you go to court this week and get to go get your sweet baby soon.

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Looks like a great shower! The Ellie buttons are too cute.

Kelli said...

So many people love Ellie! Looks like a great shower.

Anonymous said...

I hated to have to leave early. I copied the picture of you with your girls. Hey, they're mine too!

Jeanne said...

Looks like a wonderful baby shower! You're getting closer!