Monday, August 18, 2008

Where Does Hair Come From?

Visualize if you can:

Josh is at the kitchen table, working on homework. I'm at the couch, entering work (well, supposed to be, but now blogging). Josh casually says, "Where does hair come from?"

Ahem. Do I know? "Cells in your body die and it grows hair."

"Oh, what if the cells die?"

"Huh?"

"Well, what if the cells where the hair comes from dies?" Oh.

Then you are bald.

"Is that why some babies are bald?"

Uh. No. I don't know.

Where do these questions COME from.

By the way, we got a new photo of Ellie today from our friend Holly who is in Kyrg visiting her son. We were so blessed by that photo. It came at a time we desperately needed to see her. I took it when I went to pick up Josh from school. He laughed out loud and said, "Well, she's sure wearing some ugly clothes." That was it. It is more than I expected from him at this point.

She is growing and looks well. It appears she has been moved from the tiny baby room to the bigger babies room. I am happy that she is growing and yet sad that I'm missing it.

53 days until I step on a plane.

Where does hair come from?

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Hmm, I think I know what picture in your e-mail may have started this conversation... ;)

Anonymous said...

Hair comes from your head (smart alleck answer, I know!). Or hair comes from God, that answer works right now at my house!