Monday, October 13, 2008

12 Hours and Counting

It's 11:00 here in Kyrgyzstan and in approximately 12 hours I will be holding Ellie again -- this time for good. Jennifer and I are a bit concerned about getting everything ready for her in the short time we will have in the morning. Our luggage is due to arrive between 7-8 a.m. so we will have somewhere between 1.75 and .75 hours to get it all unpacked and ready to go. Since I'm relatively certain I won't sleep, getting up won't be a problem.

Today we had lunch at the Metro and then went to the Beta but didn't get time to look much because we had to meet with Lyudmilla and Aliya, our coordinator and translator, to pay fees and give them our documents for processing. We were told that Ellie has "plumped up" and that she is doing well. I can't wait to see what "plumped up" means.

We had a nice time meeting L. and her sister tonight and having dinner with them. They are here meeting L's son. Congratulations!

So, for now, we are off to get as much ready as we can. Thanks for the prayers for us and for Ellie.

6 comments:

Monica said...

Yay! I hope you're sleeping and dreaming of the GREAT day ahead of you.
Best wishes!!!
Monica

Suzanne Bilyeu said...

HI Maria.

I am counting the hours too. I just can't wait for you to have little Ellie in your arms ( and to hope that you get to sneak a peak at our little one too).

Hope it is a picture perfect reunion.

Suzanne

Anita said...

OHHHH..we're all counting the hours now, Maria!! YIPPEE!!

Shannon said...

I am sooooo excited - can't wait to hear about the reunion and see pictures of that little dolly!

Jeanne said...

OMG the suspense is killing me!!!

Karen D said...

I remember those huge spoons!! And when we were visiting our daughter in Bishkek, they were feeding the kids with them! I thought it was amazing, but my sister (from Texas, of course) said they would only be considered teaspoons in Dallas.
Karen D