Thursday, October 23, 2008

Leaving in 8 hours

In about eight hours we will be leaving Kazakhstan. April, as I crossed the border, I said your hellos to the country of two of your baby's birth, and also the home to some LaJoys we all know. I'm now glad to say good-bye. Jennifer has been so sick the past 24 hours. We are hopeful she can make the trip home. She says she'll crawl if she has to. *smile* (of course that is a "with" her smile not an "at" her smile). I wish I could do something to make it better for her.

I'm going to be so incredibly glad to see my husband, son, family, friends and home. I miss the dogs and cats and my bed, wireless internet without smoke fumes, English speaking people, sodas with ice, Southern food, my cell phone and driving a car. But, I bring home the absolute best souvenir in the world. Ellie is currently taking her one and only nap for the day. I suspect she senses some excitement in the air as well. Prayers for her to have an uneventful trip are needed as well as prayers for Jennifer's well-being during the trip. Just pray for strength for me to be strong for both of them until I can get home and let someone else take over for me. *smile* I'm really tired and ready to be home where my family and friends can bear some of the load with me for a little bit.

I'm sorry for no pictures. When I return home I'll flood you with them. Right now, it's too hard to get it done.

Hugs to all of you. Next post from HOME!!!

16 comments:

Betsy said...

Have a safe trip home! We will be praying for you as you complete the last leg. Just pray pray pray - you can do it!!!

VonneBarnett said...

We hope that you are willing to share all of your recommendations or suggestions when you are home and recovered. It sounds as though you have had enough adventures to last a lifetime. Thanks for posting about your trip -it has been an inspiration to us! Godspeed on your return to Tennesee. We spent our vacation near the Smokey Mountains one year and I can see why you miss such a beautiful state. Vonne Barnett

Unknown said...

Safe journeys to all of you.. I have so enjoyed sharing the stories of your journey with you. I can not thank you enough for sharing. I hope that your flights are uneventful, that Ellie travels well, and that Jennifer does not have to crawl home. Look forward to sending you welcome home messages!!!

Unknown said...

Get home girls!! Can't wait for that 'next' post from you!!!
Love, cyber-hugs, and prayers!!

Kelli said...

Hugs to you too! Praying for a safe and uneventful trip home...

janiece said...

I hope the trip is safe and peaceful. Poor Jennifer! Hopefully there will be some empty seats that she can lay out on. Love and prayers!

Lori said...

"I think you can...I think you can...I think you can!" You're almost here! Sorry for all the illness, frustration and price wars, but I bet in a week (okay, maybe a bit more) you'll look back, reread, and laugh! Safe flight, lots of love and prayers!

Ivy Lee said...

I am so excited for you all. I can hardly contain myself. Kat has been giving me an update too!

Ivy

Unknown said...

Almost there! Prayers for all of you! Looking forward to the next post

Julie said...

I am so excited for you. As I type this, you are likely getting ready to land in Nashville. How exciting for you and your whole family. Thank you for the play by play descriptions of your trip and experiences. Look forward to the future posts from your home!!! WELCOME HOME!!!

Julie said...

I hope you are all safe and sound and in your house! Hope you get to take a nice long nap and I hope Jennifer recovered!!

Rachel said...

I think you're home now, so CONGRATS!!! I hope the trip home wasn't too awful...but if it was, at least it's over!

Julie said...

Oh please at least post a quick word that you made it home safe & sound.

Julie said...

The suspense is killing me....

ANd I really do hope you are home safe and sound. (Sleeping a ton too!!!)

Khakismum said...

Praying for a safe journey and health for all 3 of you! I am so excited for you. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Princess at *HOME*. :-D

The race is almost done, and you will have finished....then a new race begins. ;-)

Cindy LaJoy said...

Thanks for the "Hellos" to Kazakhstan for the LaJoy's!! Wish you had been in a certain city to say more than just a hello to the LaJoy's still waiting :-)