Saturday, October 4, 2008

Six Days - Chi-Wow-wa!

Six days -- unbelievable.


Last night we went for what we called our "last outing as a family of three". We went to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Disney had really been blowing it up over the past few months and Josh was really excited to see it. On a scale of 1-10, it was about a 6-7 -- good but not great; cute and entertaining, but not worth seeing again until it comes out on DVD.

For those who have asked about photos of Ellie's room, I would love to be able to show them to you, but right now it is STILL packing central and still looks like a bomb exploded everywhere. I still need a trash can, pink lampshade, sheers for under the valance and a rug. As Betsy said, all of this could be solved by a trip to Target. Since Jennifer and I are off to Wal-mart Sunday afternoon for "snacks", I might try to see if I can find any of it then. I also still need to finish the stencil work. If I'm not too tired tomorrow evening, I'll try to get a few more words/lines of that done. What was I thinking? Of course, it will be very cute when it's done, but oy!!

It was nice to get to have breakfast with my parents today. Daddy is on vacation this week and I stopped by after taking Josh to school to try to set up his Skype. Turns out we needed a microphone and webcam -- both of which I had -- at home -- so we just had breakfast instead!! Can't beat that.

I was excited to talk to A. today who is leaving to pick up her sweetie. She sounded so excited and I kept thinking, "That will be me in just a week." I cannot wait to get back to Ellie and bring her home.

2 comments:

Heather Field said...

Less than a week???? AHHHHHH, this is too exciting!!! Call me this week (I know you will have nothing but a ton of spare time, as I am sure you have nothing to do!!!)

The Barrios Family said...

What kind of rug are you looking for? I have a pink Pottery Barn rug from Emily's nursery if you want it. It needs to be cleaned, but I can do it and get it to Kevin in the next few days. Just let me know! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!