Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy 7 Month Birthday, Ellie!!

Today was Ellie's first "birthday" at home. She has turned 7 months old. I'd like to say we did something special today but it was a pretty average day -- the best kind as far as I'm concerned. After all the adoption "drama" of the past few years, it is such a blessing to not have to think about that and to be just a regular family. Happy Birthday, sweet little one. We are so glad you are home.

Josh has a birthday coming up as well. I can't believe that in less than a month, he'll be 11!! Where does time go? I remember his days as a 7 month old vividly.

This morning, Ellie had her first "solids" at home. We had some lovely oatmeal with prunes along with some white grape juice/water laced with Polyvisol vitamins. We finished that juice up this afternoon and I had planned to do more oatmeal and fruit this evening, but since she didn't nap much today, she is asleep now (6:50 pm) and I hope she'll sleep a good while.

She went with me to take the kids to school. The same three kids that fought over who got to sit in the front seat now fight over who gets to sit in the back beside Ellie. With three kids and two spots, we have to rotate.

This afternoon, she returned with me to pick the same (fighting over a space) kids and then we went to get Joshua's hair cut (thank goodness!!!) and Kevin's as well. She loved watching Rebecca cut their hair and even allowed her to hold her for a bit and get her picture made with her. I stopped at Publix afterwards to pick up some baby food. YAY to my friend Michelle who makes her own baby food. I had great plans. *smile* At least I buy the organic kind. Maybe after I get myself back together I might consider that home made baby food. But not today.

And on to the not so great news: I think I have come down with the same "situation" that Jennifer had while in Kazakhstan. By the way, for those who have emailed asking how Jennifer is doing, she went to the doctor Monday and was diagnosed with a bacterial infection and given antibiotics. Today was the first day her symptoms have cleared at all. I am now staying close to home for obvious reasons. *sigh* Hopefully this too shall "pass" (yes, pun intended).

Our friends/neighbors, the Garretts brought dinner tonight and another dinner to freeze for another night!! YAY!!! Thank you so much. Our friends are awesome!!
Here are some photos of Ms. Ellie from today -- featuring her "Cheetalicious" coat, her Halloween look, her "I'm the Princess" shirt, with Josh on her first trip to school yesterday and with Ms. Rebecca, stylist to the Lathams!





11 comments:

Lori said...

I love the picture of her in the pink hat looking at Josh! SO CUTE!

Ahh...I love seeing happy stories for a change!

Jeanne said...

Happy 7 months to your little pumpkin!

Gen 's Family Story said...

Welcome home! I love the orange headband, most people love them or hate them! She looks amazing! Good work Mom! They're a lot of work aren't they? But sooo well worth it! And lots of PTL's!

Jackie said...

Happy 7 months, Ellie!!!

Margaret and Tom said...

I don't think she could get any cuter...She must have a professional shopper because she is just the best dressed girl! Love the cheetah coat in pink :) and love the halloween outfit with the socks!
That first 2 weeks home is an adjustment from jet lag and just getting settled...there MAY be time for homemade baby food later, but if not that is ok too :) better not to stress and just enjoy your time with her, she will grow sooo fast!

Dee'Anna said...

Hey girl,

Can't wait to miss Ellie. I did not know she was just a month behind Addie. Addie turn 8mths on the 28th. Hope to see you at church Friday night... Dee'Anna

Anonymous said...

Caleb, Addie, and Ellie are the 27th, 28th, and 29th! How funny! She is adorable and I can't wait to bring you dinner Saturday night! I need my Ellie fix!

LaLa said...

SWEET!!!! Can't wait to meet her in person : )

Kelli said...

Happy 7 months, Princess Ellie! Great pics!

Becky said...

Aw, happy 7mos Ellie!

She is such a sweetie!

Ivy Lee said...

Happy 7 months Ellie. I still remember when all three of you sang to her at Tokmok.