Friday, October 31, 2008

Can I Return it if I Don't Want It?

Lest anyone think I want to return Ellie, I do not.

However, the other little souvenir I picked up from either Ellie or in Kyrgyzstan I would most definitely like to return. Apparently, the doctor thinks I have giardia -- contracted likely from Ellie. I was started on Flagyl yesterday and I seriously thought I might pass out on the way home from the doctor's office. My cell phone was dead and the charger was in the van so I couldn't even call Kevin to come to get me. It was awful. I have also dropped off The Princess' "samples" at her doctor's office for testing and hope to hear from them today or Monday. My doc indicated that treating me would be worthless unless E. is treated as well.

Now, this morning, Josh has woken up with a stomach virus. I'm suspecting Trick or Treating is out for us unless there is a major recovery around here soon. Our field trip today was a no go as we are all too sick. Maybe it will be a quick virus for Josh and we can still make a trip this weekend over to Owen Farms.

I will admit the Flagyl has checked the trips to the bathroom quite a bit, but they still occur and the side effect headache is about to explode my head.

Ellie, however, seems oblivious to it all. I've sent poor Kevin to bed as he's been on full charge mode for the past two days with very little sleep. Hopefully, all three of them are in the bed asleep right now. The monitor is quiet so I have to think they are.

Sorry, no photos. There might be some on the camera but I'm just not up to figuring it out right now. I might take a nap too.

Happy Halloween!!

9 comments:

janiece said...

Oh we did that poop battle with Rauan. Flaygl is what finally worked. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Margaret and Tom said...

Oh I am sorry to hear you are feeling bad...but I hope you are better soon, and glad you are on a medicine to take care of it!

Mayme said...

Oh, the gift that keeps on giving! Sorry that you are sick and hope that things improve soon. Hang in there and Happy Halloween.

Mayme

Mary said...

Maria,
I'm so sorry to hear about you all not feeling well. Maybe when you feel better you can post how NOT to bring back what you got...since it is "nonreturnable".

I trust you will all feel better very soon. Take care of the Princess...she is really so precious. The pictures are great! Happy Halloweeen!
Mary

Christina said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Hope you get better soon.

Khakismum said...

Oh bless your heart! Like you don't have enough on your plate right now, you have *this* to deal with. Prayers that the drugs work and the Lord lays His hands on your house and heals and protects everyone from further sickness.

Hang in there, this too shall 'pass'. ;-D

Lori said...

Well, girl, if you are going to do something, you might as well do it right! Grab hold of the peskiest and most persistent little bacteria, why don'tcha?

Bless your hearts...feel better soon, and rest. We'll wait for pictures. :)

Jeanne said...

So sorry that you've got the dreaded giardia. Hope you can all rest and get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I hate that Ellie won't get to be Ellie-phant! Oh well! It doesn't fit now anyway! Get well soon!