Monday, October 13, 2008

T Minus 3 Hours +/-

I didn't sleep more than four hours last night. My mind is reeling with the enormity of what is going to happen soon. Still no luggage, but we did get a call at 5:30 this morning telling us 2-3 hours. I am pretty much ready except for changing my clothes and riffling through the luggage to get out what we need for Ellie. Between the two of us, we can rifle pretty quickly.

We are off to eat some breakfast and await the luggage. Guys, this is REALLY going to happen. Can you believe it?

I remember WAY BACK WHEN when I was so discouraged about this adoption not happening and I said, "I just wish God would send me an email." The very next day, I got an email that had the following verse. And, now, here is the day when the fulfillment of the promise will occur. Praise be to the Lord who is kind and giving and always fulfills His promises!!

Habakkuk 2:3
For the vision is yet for the appointed time;
it testifies about the end and will not lie.
Though it delays, wait for it,
since it will certainly come and not be late.

18 comments:

Julie said...

Whoa, so exciting!!! When do you think you'll be posting your final "without Ellie" post and then your first "with Ellie" post???

Jackie said...

OMG...so close. I can't wait for tomorrow's post.

Hugs to you and your sweet Ellie.

Mom to 2 Angels said...

The suspense is killing me!!!!!!! I think I might stay up until the next post!

Hilary Marquis said...

He is faithful :) How am I going to sleep tonight?

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't wait for pictures. I may have to stay up too!

IrisH said...

Hope your luggage makes it! I can't wait to see pics of sweet Ellie in your arms. I will be back here bright and early with tissues in hand to see our precious baby girl! Be safe and God bless!

Kelli said...

You are in my prayers as you travel to get Ellie! Yay! Can't wait for the next post!

Unknown said...

well Maria, I am here awaiting. I must be up all night and what better goal to have then to see your gotcha post!!! I am also here crying as the verse you sent has really touched home as I am the waiter now in the delay and you have seen the verse through to the end. I hope you do not mind if I borrow it for my blog!!??? Good Luck. May yoyur luggage find you and your gotcha day be special.

Ann

Anita said...

I just got on again and it's been almost 3 hours since your post....SO...do you have her yet?? AAAHH!!! I may be up all night tonight just waiting for your next post. HUGS!!

LaLa said...

Holding my breath over here...so excited for you!!!

Allison said...

Words can't express how excited I am for you. We woke up (very early) this morning and my first thoughts were of you and sweet Ellie and what a life-changing day this is.
Congratulations! I cannot wait to see updates with you two together again.

Mala said...

Congratulations on your Gothcha Day!!!! By now you must have that beauty in your arms!

Monica said...

Oh yes you must have her by now... It IS so hard to believe that thru this long process there IS eventually that lovely day at the end. I hope your luggage came and everything has gone off smoothly. Enjoy that little princess! Can't wait to see pics!
CONGRATS!
:)
Monica

Julie said...

The anticipation of your next post is killing me!!! I bet Ellie is in your arms right now and you are in heaven!!

Unknown said...

Update woman!!! Pictures...PLEASE. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret and Tom said...

OH I can't wait...I know as I read this you have Ellie in your arms :)
So exciting!

Julie said...

Oh the anticipation is building even more. I see that you are "here" by the deleted comment... I can't wait any longer!!!