Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday Updates

Ok, so I apparently had LOST my mind during my midnight post last night. It is NOW, 35 hours until I get on the plane so it was impossible for it to have been 30 hours last night. So, math obviously isn't my strong suit.

And, I worked on my bags again after the last post and managed to get everything nicely tucked into the bags I have. I have one more item that needs to fit somewhere, but I am hopeful that I can figure that out before I go.

Today, I need to work in the field again, pick up some formula to take to A., go to the bank (Kevin might be doing that one), get Kevin to sign new I600 forms as I think he signed the first ones in the wrong place, get a color copy of my passport, enter some more jobs, drop my snacks off at Jennifer's for her to pack in her suitcase, go to Josh's football practice and sleep in my bed for the LAST TIME before I have a new baby in the house. *sigh* I heard word from over there that the babies are a bit sniffly (beginning of cold season) and have a bit of diarrhea and diaper rash, so... I'm going to make sure I have all the things packed for that. I'm sure I do because I cannot IMAGINE how I left anything out and still have as much luggage as I do. The good thing is one of the bags will not be making the return trip home. I'm exchanging it for Ellie. *smile*

I'm so very, very excited.

12 comments:

Wisteria MacBain said...

Only one day left, Maria! I'm very excited for you! Have a wonderful trip!

Marcy

Jackie said...

Oh, Maria...Noli and I are so happy for you and your family. Of course we are most thrilled for Ellie, who will soon be in your loving embrace and then home with her FAMILY.

In case I don't get to email you personally later, I am saying it here and now...I wish you a safe trip, and lots of smiles for what's ahead (even diaper blowouts ;), fabulous memories, and then another safe journey home with Ellie.

Hugs,
Jackie

April Taylor said...

Dude, GET ON THE PLANE ALREADY!!!!!! I am not a patient woman and this countdown is TORTURE! I am so excited to read the first post you write while holding Ellie in your arms. You have so much one-handed typing coming up because I don't imagine you will be letting that baby girl go any time soon.

Congratulations to you and your whole family. Enjoy the trip and have safe travels.

xoxo April Taylor
www.taylorkid.com

Lisette said...

Maria,
I'm another one of those "you-don't-know-me-but-I've-been-following-your-beautiful-story" people. Just want to thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. On days when I am feeling down and stressed and hopeless, I find myself turning to your blog for comfort and hope. Thank you for helping me throught those moments.
Now that that is out of the way....I wish you a great, quick, safe trip. I cannot wait to read about it and see more pictures of your beautiful Ellie!!
God bless,
Lisette

Mayme said...

Yeah!!! Ellie will soon be home! I hope you have a safe trip and that everything goes smoothly. I can't wait to see Ellie in the school line with Emma:)

Good Luck and God Bless,
Mayme

Anita said...

And we're so VERY, VERY excited too! Oh I remember hopping that plane in Nashville to China just like it was yesterday, Maria!! Just think....you'll have your girl in your arms in no time at all now and return home with your forever daughter! HUGS!!

Monica said...

SO excited for you... and Ellie! I hope that your travel goes easily and that Ellie is healthy and happy to see you. Best wishes to you!!!
take care,
Monica

Roy and Lori said...

Our family is so excited for
you guys! Have a safe and
wonderful trip. Can't wait
to see more pictures of Ellie!

Shannon said...

Tomorrow is THE day! I can't believe it's here already - I know for you it has felt like an eternity. I am so excited to hear about your reunion with Ellie and your trip home. By the way - I've been watching for pictures of her room - did I miss them??

Safe travels!

Kelli said...

Wow- one day! Have a safe trip. So exciting!

Lori said...

What a great exchange!! I'm so excited for you, I can hardly stand it either!!! I think it's good you're busy, too! I find that time moves the fastest when I feel I have a TON to do!!!

YIPPEE!!! She's almost home!!!

Hubbards said...

I don't comment much but just wanted you to know I am praying for you and your friend as you travel to get your little blessing.

God Bless~
Tina