Monday, September 22, 2008

18 Days


Monday -- 18 days. Are the people in the photo above waiting in an airport? I think they might be!! Either way, like me, they are waiting for something to happen.

Yesterday someone at church, Brittany, pointed out that I was in my last days of my "pregnancy" and wouldn't let me carry a box to the classroom. HA!! How funny!

But, in some ways, my "paper pregnancy" (aka our adoption process) is coming to a close. There are times the thoughts of being handed a baby just overwhelms my ability to comprehend. Adoption is an amazing experience, one that has changed my life in so many incredible ways. I have met so many people along with way that I would have never met had we not adopted. There are people like Terri, Anita, Amy H., Kelli, Heather, Allison, Marleen, Ellen, Elizabeth, Hilary, Andrea, Kat, Karen, Ivy, the Suzanne Bs, Jennifer G., Lori, Betsy, Margaret, Mayme, Jeanne, Rachel, Johnda, Becky, Verna, Holly, Michele, April, Janiece, Cindy, Jackie, John W. and family, and David and Jayne, that are "regulars" in my address book and email files who have become an extended part of our "family" through the adoption experiences we have shared.

We have travelled a long road and have been touched by so many stories, so many lives, so many happy moments, tears and laughter. We have rejoiced as so many children found their forever families -- and now we are coming nearer the close of our journey. It's such a blessing to have had the opportunity to take this journey. It's been a blessing to have been helped by SO MANY people along the way. The girls and I were talking yesterday about all the fundraisers we've done to get to this point. We've sold: magazines, pizzas, jewelry, donuts and candles. We've worked concession stands and had multiple yard sales. We've been supported by our family, our friends, our church, our community. We've had donations from people we don't even know -- just to help bring this baby home. What a huge responsibility to make the right choices for her life in the future. We are so blessed. We are so thankful.

4 comments:

Jes said...

18 days is not that long! I'm so happy for you guys to be able to bring your little one home!
-jes

April Taylor said...

Well, I for one, can't think of anybody better suited to be that sweet little girl's mama.

Oooohhh 18 days!!!! I just got goosebumps.
Cheers!
April Taylor
www.taylorkid.com

Lori said...

I totally hear you on all the new 'family' we have!! Good thing, too, because the family I already had is a bit exasperating at times :)

I LOVE the airport picture for 18 days. SO appropriate!!!

Roy and Lori said...

Congratulations and Best of Luck !!!

It won't be long now!

Roy and Lori