Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yard Sale Update

We had our LAST yard sale today. Yes, I said that last time too, I'm sure, but this time we mean it. By late afternoon, when we still had quite a bit of stuff left to take to Goodwill, my mom came up with an excellent idea to make poster signs saying, "EVERYTHING FREE" and stand out by the road. She lives on a main road so we had great traffic exposure. We managed to cut down at least half of the leftover stuff that way. You see, there is apparently a gas shortage here so driving the 15 miles to the Goodwill more than once was not really appealing. In fact, here is what I saw most of the day at the gas station next door to my mom's house.




After the sale, I went and topped off my tank because there is no gas anywhere around our area. Gas was $4.25 a gallon for regular.


Anyway, we did fairly well at the yard sale -- not as well as the first sale, but keep in mind all these things had already been out at one yard sale so they were the "leftovers" if you will. After "free" time was over, we packed up the leftovers and Kevin took an entire truck load to the Goodwill.


So, we are very tired tonight and are off for showers and baths and to bed. Thanks for all your kind wishes regarding our sale. I'm just happy to be done with it all and to have it our of the house and out of the way. I am also very thankful to all those who donated the items for us to sale!! Thank you!!

Funny story from the day. While I was standing out beside the road with the above photo, I turned to Kevin and said, "I never thought I'd be standing on the side of the street with a sign that said, 'Everything FREE'!" He got a chuckle out of that.

No comments: