Saturday, September 27, 2008

Presents!!!

Friday when I went to the mailbox, there was a package addressed to Josh and Ellie. It still takes me back a bit to see mail addressed to Ellie. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it's a true reality check to see that.

It was from our friends, The Mays, who live in Atlanta. You might remember (those of you who are "regulars" here) that Diane was the friend I met a while back on my way through Atlanta. She and I met right after Kevin and I got married (14 years ago now) when we were on a chat group for cat owners. It's amazing to me that our long-distance friendship has survived so long. However, I am very glad it has because I think we are kindred souls.

I digress.

The Mays sent (way too many) goodies in the box. Josh got a "grown-up" care package which included a water bottle (NEEDED as he broke or lost his last one at school), a multi-purpose tool that has a thermometer, magnifying glass, compass and whistle all in one (Yes, Diane, the whistle DOES work. *sigh* and he thinks this is the most wonderful invention in the world), a knife, a flashlight (currently being used to read books in the car) and a "Boy" book. I was thinking as he unwrapped all this that it is amazing to me how she knows exactly what a ten (almost eleven) year old boy would LOVE and she has a girl. Hmmmm.... see she's a smart one!!


The box also included a lot of goodies for Ellie including some awesome hair clips (going on the trip with me for sure!!), a Princess Elephant "lovey" (also likely going with us), a Lamaze Elephant that has a "baby" elephant on the end of the trunk. You pull the baby away from the mama and it starts to play music and pulls the baby back to the mama. SO cute!!! There was also a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" blanket and toy that are adorable. Josh actually remembered me reading that book to him as a little boy and mentioned it when he saw those.


So, again, Diane has hit it out of the park (not a surprise here!). She included a note that the Princess' goodies had also been washed!! to save me some work. Now, that is a friend!!

Thank you, Diane, Butch and Kathryn for thinking of both Josh and Ellie. It means so much to us to have you guys as friends!!!

1 comment:

Khakismum said...

Glad the box made it! :-)

Sorry about the whistle...it is for emergencies only Josh! ;-)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist all the cute Ellie-phant stuff! And the Very Hungry Caterpillar was just too cute...if I'm not buying for myself I can get it for someone who can use it! Happy to send the goodies...wish I was closer to do more tangible stuff for you.