Monday, September 29, 2008

Skype and Webcam - Check

Because leaving my family for two weeks during such an important time in our lives is going to be hard, we decided we'd keep in touch via Skype and a webcam. Using these two items we can call each other (FREE!!) and see each other. They can also see Ellie which I think will make them even more excited for us to return home. It will also allow Jennifer to stay in contact with her family while we are gone.

So, while my laptop has a web cam built in, Kevin's did not. Today, we solved that problem and tested out our Skype calling features. It works beautifully. The great thing is that I bought a "combo" package that had a free web cam included in it for the same price as one. While my mother said she didn't need one, since I have this free one, I'm going to install it so I can talk with them and let them see Ellie while we are there.

So, another big item is marked off the "To Do" list. YAY!! I also picked up a few snacks for the trip as well.

I am getting terribly excited now!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Whoo hoo! We loved it (until our webcam broke in Kaz, but since yours is built in you should be good to go)! I took that time to call other friends because I was so bored!

Anonymous said...

Maria, just wanted to let you know how excited I am for you to finally be bringing Ellie home! Being able to follow your journey has really helped me get through this horrible waiting period. I can't wait to see pics of Ellie in your arms again.

Anita said...

Oh and I'm getting excited too!! I can't wait, I can't wait!! Are you still breathing?? (hee, hee!)