Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy 6 Month Birthday, Ellie!


Dear Ellie,

I wanted to wish you a happy six month birthday in person. I wanted to hold you, sing to you, read you books and do fun things with you today. I thought for certain I would have you by now. I suspect today will pass for you like all the others, but you can be CERTAIN, this is the last milestone you will have pass by with no one around to celebrate it with you. In sixteen days, I will be entering the gates of the orphanage where you are today, scooping you out of the crib and never letting you go again. You will be part of our family forever. I promise you that we will love you unconditionally. You will be held, loved, laughed with, cried over, prayed for and taken care of. An entire community on the other side of the world awaits your arrival with incredible anticipation. You have been prayed for for so long by so many people -- even before you were born. Your MeeMee, DeeDee and Nana all pray for you every day and wait with such excitement to see and hold you. You have Aunts, Uncles, and cousins who are all so excited to meet you. An entire church family is waiting to love you; friends of our family; neighbors. You are wanted and loved. You are our tiny little princess, and we are coming to get you very soon. If I could be there today, I promise you, I would.

We love you very, very much.
Happy Birthday, Princess Ellie

Mama, Daddy and Big Brother Josh

6 comments:

Margaret and Tom said...

So sweet Maria...she will have no more birthdays without you all :) I know you are there in spirit though, and I think she can feel the love all the way over there...

Shannon said...

Happy birthday sweet Ellie! Your mama is coming very soon!

littlebluecottage said...

LOVE the cakes! How fun and yummy!

Tina

Jackie said...

Happy 6 months, Ellie!!

What a sweet letter to your daughter :)

Lisa said...

In tears. Beautiful. Happy 6 months, little one!

Anita said...

Happy 6 mos birthday Miss Ellie!! Only days now until your momma will be holding you forever! Love you sweet girl! Your Auntie Anita