Friday, September 26, 2008

Pig Lickers


I'm on my way home from taking Josh, Braiden and Kirstin to school when I hear a story on the local radio. Apparently, there is a new carnival/fair food item available -- a delicacy, of course, right up there with funnel cakes and meat on a stick. Pig Lickers. Let your mind go wild a while trying to conjure up an image of what that might be. I've got a little time; I'll wait.

waiting

waiting

So, Pig Lickers are chocolate covered bacon pieces. Yes, I saw you snarl your nose and go "eyew" just like I did. Who in the WORLD came up with this?

Apparently, it was served at the Minnesota State Fair. A link to the story can be found here.
For those of you interested in photos and a blog post on how to make your own, check out this blog.
I am always glad I can continue to bring you the latest in trends (Pig Lickers) and historical data along with current art trends (Teddy Roosevelt). When it can't be found anywhere else, be sure to check here. *smile*

1 comment:

Wisteria MacBain said...

EWWWW!!! Chocolate covered bacon pieces?!?!? That sounds completely disgusting! Though the name is a crack-up!

Marcy